Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Preparations for the fat nap.


Okay... So I know we probably for sure have one thing in common: Love for Thanksgiving. There is just something special about getting away to your families house, gathering your tribe under one roof and eating enough food to feed Rhode Island.
I appreciate turkey meat of all colors, corn on the cob,green bean casserole, Mashed potato's and Multiple Gravies, Salad, Ham, Yam bake(marshmallows and yams-Glory!), Cranberry marshmallow salad(Heavenly), Olives, rolls on my butter(in that order), Gravy, gravy..what am I forgetting?
Oh and desert... Pumpkin pie of course! Plus my grandma Francey's famous homemade apple pie!!!
So after you have filled your body with enough food to hibernate for the winter you reach the highlight of November 27th... the FAT NAP. Fat nap in the Websters is defined by a picture of me bloated on the couch in front of the Tv(with Dallas Cowboy game on) in a semi conscious state- With my top button of my pants unbuckled and my belt dangling open with gut sagging off the couch halfway to the floor. A good fat nap will put 10 pounds on a man and thrust his waistline up 2 to 6 inches.

Thats my joy on November 27th. What do you Love about Thanksgiving?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA. I can totally picture that. Sick. I would have to say the best thing about Thanksgiving is family, but definitely the "grubbage" is up there :) Mashed-taters-gravy-rolls are BY FAR my fave. Love you dude. see you tonight.

markfrancey said...

Good Call Dust.

*kk* said...

oh mark.. totally enjoyed reading that..its great desciption of all the men on our family gathering.. taking their fat naps while falling asleep to a football game while all the women clean up the food and the kitchen.. some year I'm hoping for a fat nap of my own on Thanskgiving day..

markfrancey said...

Good call Keeks. I have had to postpone my fat nap in recent years due to offering my services in the kitchen.