Saturday, January 24, 2009

Airplane drinks?


So I have finally decided after years of flying that something happens to me when and only when I am on an airplane. For some reason right as we reach the highlight of every flight...when the stewardess ask me what kind of beverage I would like(shortly after giving me the generously small bag of nuts)- whether its been weeks since my last flight or years.......Immediately I remember to order 'A can of Ginger ale!'
This might not sound all to out of the norm apart from the fact that I NEVER drink coffee or soda(fyi>NOT POP< Thats a music genre.) let alone ginger ale(apart from on airplanes). So I was wondering if this is common for anyone else or if this is just some strange disorder that has attached itself to me in airports? Do you have an airplane drink?

6 comments:

Robin said...

Ginger Ale too! And only on airplanes. It's very soothing on the stomach.

markfrancey said...

Totally! Well said!

jennifer lee said...

mike is a "ginger ale only on planes" guy too! i'm a "v-8 only on planes" gal...except i bought some the last time i fasted...drank about 2 cups and the rest is just sitting in my fridge gettin no love at all

markfrancey said...

I love it! V8? Good call. Might need to be reintroduced to my tomato based Alli.

Unknown said...

oh i'm totally with you!! I always order that too, but never drink it any other time! :) They say it calms the stomach... :) Oh, this is Kelly by the way, i'm on mom's computer!

jackiessmile said...

its flight attendant now silly ;p. I hate being called a stewardess but ill forgive you, hehe