Thursday, January 8, 2009




Last weekend I had a cool opportunity to support one of the young men I have been mentoring the past several years(Ben Evans). Last Saturday Ben officially started his career as a professional dirt bike racer in Anaheim California. About three years ago when I met Ben I told him if he ever made it to Anaheim 1(Equivalent to like the Super bowl) that I would be there for him. So three years latter I find myself in Angels stadium with 60,000 other fans cheering on number 350! We had a great trip. I spent a lot of time with Bens two brother Zack and Luke as well as his dad Dave and his nephew Garret Lee(The G Unit). Ben had a phenomenal day of racing- He was the only rookie to make the main event. Out of the top 60+ riders in the world Ben finished 9th overall.
He is one out of the many tremendously gifted young men that I have the privilege of pastoring on a daily basis. These are some of the young men I believe will shape our generation for Jesus and spread the Good news.